Ukraine's drones have hit Russia's Bashneft refinery in the city of Ufa, located approximately 1,400 kilometers from Ukraine, triggering blasts and a fire, per a informed individual in the Ukrainian Security Service.
This marks the 3rd intelligence deep strike in Bashkortostan in the past month. Those operations illustrate that there are no safe places in the deep rear of the Russian state.
Volodymyr Zelenskyy urged the US President to broker peace in the Ukrainian conflict during a call on the weekend.
"If a war can be stopped in a particular zone, then certainly additional conflicts can be halted as well, covering the Russian aggression," Zelenskyy stated, commending the US President's "remarkable" Gaza peace initiative and calling for the American leader to pressure the Russian government into negotiations.
Russian attacks on Ukrainian territory killed at least several civilians on the weekend and disrupted electricity to parts of the south Odesa region, as stated by local sources.
Two people were killed in a religious building in the town when it was struck, as reported by regional officials.
In the Russian frontier area of Belgorod, a vehicle operator was fatally wounded by a attack from Ukraine, according to local officials.
Operations continued on the weekend to recover electricity in Kyiv, after assaults.
Power had been restored to over 800,000 residents by Saturday and the largest utility provider stated the primary work to repair the grid was concluded though certain disruptions continued.
Ukraine's anti-aircraft systems downed or disrupted 54 of 78 total UAVs from Russia launched towards the country during the night, the aerial defense command reported on the weekend.
Russia's defense officials said it shot down 42 enemy drones over Russian territory.
Cuba on Saturday rejected US claims it has sent troops to fight in the conflict in Ukraine, while stating the government "lack precise data about citizens of Cuba" participating "on their own" or "within the troops of both sides".
The foreign ministry in the capital said twenty-six Cuban citizens had been given prison terms to prison terms from five to 14 years for participating as mercenaries since the autumn of 2023 when news emerged of Cubans being sent to the battlefield in the conflict.
I Want to Live, a official Kyiv project that promotes adversaries to surrender, reported in spring: "We have confirmed the names and personal details of one thousand and twenty-eight Cuban nationals who enlisted with the Russian military in recently."
The Cuban foreign ministry stated of Cuban nationals who might be participating: "There is no doubt that not a single one possesses the support, allegiance, or consent of the Cuban state for their involvement."
Family members of individuals who departed to the Russian Federation in 2023 told international media at the time that their relatives had been tricked into joining through ads on social media.
A tech journalist with a passion for exploring cutting-edge innovations and making complex tech topics accessible to all readers.